Embroidered Butterfly Patch
Pretty butterfly patches for embellishing clothes, covering holes, or adding to your crafty projects.
These gorgeous embroidered patches can be sewn or ironed on. The smaller butterflies would look fab glued or sewn on a felt flower brooch, and the large butterflies would be wonderful glued to a wreath!
LARGE = approx 7.7cm wide.
MEDIUM = approx 4.3cm wide.
SMALL = approx 3.7cm wide.
Lots of lovely colours to choose from! You can edit quantities in your shopping cart.
Only iron these patches onto fabrics which can withstand a high heat - do not iron them onto 100% synthetic fabric, delicate fabrics, or felt.
1. Place the patch in your desired position on your fabric, with the design facing upwards and the plasticy glue side against the fabric.
2. Cover the patch with a tea towel or other cotton pressing cloth.
3. Press down firmly with a hot, dry iron (don't use steam and don't move the iron back and forth) for 10 seconds to tack the patch in place.
4. Allow the patch and fabric to cool to the touch then repeat step 3 if needed.
5. Turn the project over / inside out and press firmly with your iron for 20 seconds (again, don't use steam and don't move the iron back and forth).
6. Allow the patch and fabric to cool to the touch, then repeat step 5 if required.
Tip: Stitch around the edges to make the patch extra secure! If you're attaching the patch to clothing, wash the garment inside out on a delicate cycle.
PLEASE NOTE: I'm currently only posting orders within the UK and Europe due to COVID-19. I hope to be able to ship worldwide again soon. Shipping is charged at a flat rate per parcel, depending on your location.